EFNS-ENS Istanbul: Biomarkers in MS

As promised by presentation from today's talk at the EFNS-ENS meeting in Istanbul. #MSBlog #MSResearch

NEDA is simply not good enough; we need to target the whole disease. #MSBlog #MSResearch

"I note my post yesterday on an MSer with NEDA and progressive brain atrophy generated some heated debate, with some of you promoting self-management by taking unlicensed neuroprotective drugs. I would caution against this; until we know the risk-benefit ratio of these drugs it is hard to make a call. The following is my talk I have just given at the EFNS-ENS meeting when I bring all these topics together and try and build in the early highly-active treatment paradigm stating that we need to also target end-organ damage and reduce brain atrophy and normalise CSF neurofilament levels."



"What do you think of the pyramid in this presentation to illustrate the MS iceberg? I was having difficulty using the iceberg in its previous form."


CoI: multiple

Labels: , , , ,